This is the ultimate lab for you as .NET developers who want to learn how to get your application to use ADFS and federation. A world-class lab that gives you an opportunity to learn how to use the Windows Identity Foundation (WIF), and how federated identities work native to the .NET and Microsoft platform.
We look at how federation and ADFS work, which all developers who want to use ADFS should learn, as well as how to best use ADFS and federation in your application. We review the management and single sign-on of external identities such as Google ID, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other ADFS installations at partners, customers, suppliers, etc.
Fredrik “DXter” Jonsson and Hasain “The Wolf” Alshakarti
Both are Enterprise Security MVP in Sweden’s ultimately leading expert in digital identities and authentication solutions in the Microsoft platform. Hasain Alshakarti and Fredrik Jonsson have jointly developed this unique lab for developers who want to learn how to write and manage federation with ADFS in applications.
Tailored Training or a Scheduled Course?
We can help you or your team understand your specific skills and development needs. Send us a request, and we’ll guide you, or reserve a spot on our next scheduled course.
Experience of development in .NET framework, preferably .ASP.NET. Basic understanding of the .NET architecture.
After completion of the course, you will be able to implement federation in your .NET applications. You will understand what federation is, what it is used for, why it should be used, and when using it.
Self-developed lab material based on Fredrik and Hasain’s experiences from their reality as consultants.
During these days you will learn the following:
– The concept of identity federation and claims
– Basic setup and configuration of ADFS
– Windows Identity Foundation for .NET 3.5 and 4.0
– Manage federated identities native to .NET 4.5
– Using SAML 2.0 in your application through the OIOSAML.NET library.
– Manage external identities like Google ID, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc using Azure Active Directory / ACS
– How to troubleshoot federation-related issues
– “Do’s and do not’s”
– Advanced claim rules
– The use of E-credentials in federations in applications
– How to handle OAuth2 support that came in ADFS in 2012 R2
– How to build and implement “Custom Attribute Stores”
Most of the time, we will look at real scenarios and walk with these. If you want to bring your own code or your own apps to work with, you’re more than welcome to do this!