Learn to build and customize rock solid deployment solutions using Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2013 (MDT 2013) Update 1, and System Center Configuration Manager 2012 R2 SP1 (SCCM 2012 R2 SP1).
You also get a thorough walk-through of the upcoming ConfigMgr vNext, as well as deep technical drilldown to changes in the Windows 10 platform.
Johan Arwidmark, Microsoft MVP and one of the world’s foremost experts in the OS deployment sector, developed this lab. Like all our labs, this is unique in that you access the best deployment specialists for four days.
Time is set off for real life deployment issues where the instructor discusses and solves problems that you bring to the training. As always, we take you for lunch at a nearby restaurant, where the discussions continue. It’s almost like free consultancy!
Basic understanding of Active Directory, WSUS and SQL. Basic knowledge of MDT, WDS or Configuration Manager 2007/2012 is helpful but not a requirement.
This class will take you through the design, installation, and configuration of the main features in Windows 10, MDT, and ConfigMgr.
After the training, you will have a solid understanding of the product and be able to use and design these features according to best practices.
Student manual, instructor tips and tricks, links. Access to closed FB group with more than 1000 IT Pro’s world wide sharing issues and solutions.
During these four days you will learn about:
• Building Windows 10 reference images, including advanced customizations
• Working with the Enterprise enhancements to Windows 10
• Windows ADK 10 internals, USMT and Provisioning Packages
• Changes to Windows 10 Updates and Offline Servicing
• Updating Windows 10 PowerShell
• Mastering Windows 10 driver handling
• Deploying Windows 10 with MDT 2013 U1 and ConfigMgr 2012 R2 SP1
• In-place upgrade of Windows 7 / 8.1 to Windows 10, including deep-dive troubleshooting
• Extending OS deployment in ConfigMgr 2012 R2
• Developing and using PowerShell scripts, frontends, databases and web services.
• Configuring offline media deployments
• Advanced troubleshooting of MDT 2013 Update 1 and ConfigMgr 2012 R2 SP1
• Technical drilldown to ConfigMgr vNext
• Bending the rules, understanding and customizing the rules (customsettings.ini)
This training will take you through the installation, configuration and tuning of the main features in ConfigMgr 2012 R2 SP1 based on Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 10.