IT pros, you know that enterprises desire the flexibility and affordability of the cloud, and service providers want the ability to support more enterprise customers.
This lab is an exploration of Windows Azure Pack’s (WAP’s) infrastructure services (IaaS), which bring Microsoft Azure technologies to your datacenter (on your hardware) and build on the power of Windows Server and System Center to deliver an enterprise-class, cost-effective solution for self-service, multi-tenant cloud infrastructure, and application services.
Through a lot of hands-on labs, learn how you can provide Self Service (Iaas) to your users and co-administrators through Windows Azure Pack. We will also tie in to other products, for example System Center Virtual Machine Manager, System Center Orchestrator, System Center Service Manager etc.
Tailored Training or a Scheduled Course?
We can help you or your team understand your specific skills and development needs. Send us a request, and we’ll guide you, or reserve a spot on our next scheduled course.
IT pros, administrators working with SCVMM 2012 R2.
Basic knowledge and working experience with Active Directory, SCVMM, Powershell.
Being able to plan, deploy, manage and extend Windows Azure Pack in your environment. The class is always based on the latest available public Service Pack and Cumulative Update.
Student Lab Manual, Slide deck and lab files is included.
- Introduction to the Windows Azure Pack
- Design Considerations for Hosters and Enterprise Environments
- Install and Configure WAP
- Integrate with the Fabric
- Deliver Self-Service
- Learn how to work with Subscriptions, Plans, and Addons
- Combine with ADFS for a better logon experience
- Working with Databases, offering both MySQL and SQL to users
- Web Services. Scalability and configuration.
- Virtual Machines. Working with Roles and Templates
- How to handle Images and Version control.
- Enabling and configuring Remote Console Connect
- Creating and Customizing Virtual Machine Roles
- Service Management Automation (SMA)
- Branding of Azure Pack, SDK, and other resources.
- Extend Services with Third Parties
- Extending Azure Pack with System Center Service Manager
- Extending Azure Pack with Cloud Cruiser for ChargeBack