In this lecture-style class developed and presented by Viktor Hedberg, Senior Consultant at Truesec and Microsoft MVP, alongside Marcus Pettersson, Senior Consultant at Truesec, you'll learn how to protect and defend identities, devices, and data using the latest features in Microsoft 365. By understanding how they all fit together and can be integrated, you'll realize the opportunities you may already have access to in your M365 subscriptions.
We'll begin with hybrid Identity, including Defender for Identity and Identity Protection, and then move through Defender for Office 365. This will allow us to protect access to data and ensure that we have a first line of defense against malware and phishing attempts.
Next up, we'll secure our endpoints with Defender for Endpoint and Microsoft Endpoint Manager. The focus will be on Windows, but we'll cover Linux, macOS, Android, and iOS because that's the reality for many IT administrators out there today.
Once we've implemented our first line of defense, it's time to combine them all into Microsoft Cloud App Security and Microsoft Threat Protection. You'll learn how Cloud App Security integrated with MDE can give you complete control of your Shadow IT and how it becomes your hub for security. We'll also share how you can collect logs from all these tools, and others, into Azure Sentinel, showing you how to use a SIEM in the most efficient way.
Lastly, we'll put all of this to the test by running simulated attacks and defending against them. You'll also be given a unique insight into how Truesec works proactively to protect our customers. The grand finale is all about being prepared for when the worst happens and how you should handle an IT breach or attack. We'll share the best approaches from our Incident Response team so that you can be more prepared.
When you've finished the class, you'll have a unique and deep understanding of the threat-protection stack in Microsoft 365, how you can leverage it in your own environment, and prepare for when the worst happens.
Cloud Protected Identities
- How to properly configure Azure AD Connect and why you should
- Microsoft Defender for Identity (MDI)
- Azure AD Identity protection
- Multi-factor authentication
- Privileged Identity Management
Threat Protection in Office 365 and Azure
- Microsoft Defender for Office 365 (MDO)
- Data security and compliance
- Microsoft Cloud App Security – Introduction
Protect and Defend Your Endpoints
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint (MDE)
- Windows 10 security and hardening
- Protecting Linux and MacOS
- Mobile Device Management using Microsoft Intune
- Compliance and reporting
Integrations and Log Management
- Microsoft Threat Protection
- Auditing and security in Office 365 and Azure
- Microsoft Cloud App Security (MCAS) – Deep-dive
- Azure Sentinel
- Using MCAS to control shadow IT
- Introduction to threat hunting in Azure Sentinel and MDE
- Attack simulations
- Incident response in real life
The Fine Print
Who Should Attend
IT security engineers
IT security architects
Understanding of Active Directory and Azure Active Directory
Understanding of especially Windows 10, authentication, and security features
Basic understanding of Microsoft Azure services
Understanding of Office 365
Tips and tricks