Kåre Rude Andersen is an experienced SCOM consultant, and have been working with Operations Manager since 2004.
This course syllabus is used to determine whether the course is appropriate for you, based on your current skills and technical training needs.
After these 5 days of pure fun with SOCM you are able to Install, Configure and monitor whatever you need to monitor, on-prem, Azure, network....
This course is intended for IT Architects, IT Enterprise Systems Engineers, IT Administrators, and System Integrators who need to implement Service Monitoring using System Center Operations Manager (SCOM).
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience with Windows Server Administration
- Basic understanding of Active Directory
- Basic understanding of network communication
- Basic understanding of script language (Powershell)
- It is recommended that students have the following:
- An understanding of the System Center Suite is desirable, but not needed.
- Experience with an earlier version of SCOM or other Monitoring Tools
- Virtualization Technologies: Hyper-V
- Basic Knowledge of PowerShell
- Knowledge of Cloud Topologies
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Install and Configure SCOM on Windows Server 2019 and SQL Server 2019, Report Services and Web service.
- Describe and understand the logical architecture of an SCOM infrastructure
- Know about the feature set in each of the SCOM Versions (2012R2, 2016, 2019 and 2022)
- Articulate the functions of the components and services in an SCOM infrastructure
- Monitoring your Microsoft 365 (Office365)
- Monitoring Azure SQL Instance
- Collect and monitor different Microsoft Azure Objects.
- Troubleshoot issues with SCOM components and Agent Monitoring
- Design end-to-end monitoring of Services – Multi-layered application design
- Create Management Packs with the console, the authoring console and Visual Studio.
- Using PowerShell to get information about the SCOM environment
- Deciding the best Authoring solution and using the correct type of monitoring object
- Defining and using different tools to Create Management Packs
- Going through all Monitoring objects with real-world samples
- Digging into the Data warehouse database and using the aggregated tables for reporting.
- Creating and Using Web Services to communicate with other Monitoring Targets
- Update Alerts, Create Tasks and perform scripted intelligence in SCOM 2022
Student manual, links, and tips and tricks.