A Message from Mikael
The training is based on modules, so you can pick and choose the parts you like and skip parts you don’t find interesting. The lab will be just the way you want it!
Mikael has developed the lab based on real-world experience building private clouds, data center fabrics, and traditional enterprise environments.
You receive all the scripts so that you can rerun all the exercises when you get back from training or modify them for use in your environment.
The lab is taught in Swedish and English depending on where it is held
Over 60 percent of the time you spend in class is dedicated to hands-on labs and exercises, based on self-perceived real-life scenarios, and methods verified to work in production environments. And the best part, you get access to all the sample files and scripts, including a solution that will build up the complete lab environment once returned home from the training.
About Product Versions
You will always run the labs on the latest (working) version of the software in the lab.
Deploying Windows Server 2019
- Bare metal deployment using MDT
- PowerShell-based deployment
- Create reference images
- Disable unneeded services
Installing and Configuring Basic Infrastructure Services
- Install and configure Active Directory
- Install and configure DHCP and DNS
- Install and configure file and print services
- Configure firewall rules
- Configure monitoring and health functions
Remote Desktop Services
- Installation and configuration
- Publish applications
- Use the new web-based client
Storage and Hyper-V
- Design, install, and configure Storage Spaces Direct
- Design, install, and configure a hyper-converged infrastructure
- Design, install, and configure a Hyper-V failover cluster
- Configure Hyper-V switches
- Configure nested Hyper-V
- Design, install, and configure Storage Replica
- Install and Configure
- Using Cluster-sets
- Configure and use storage migration tools
- In-place upgrade of Windows Server
- Rolling upgrade of a Windows failover cluster
- Design, install, and configure Windows Admin Center
- Standard PowerShell management
- DSC-based management
- Common boot issues
- BSOD Analysis
- Application compatibility
After this lab, you will have the knowledge and understanding to build, use, and administrator a Windows Server 2019 environment.
The Fine Print
Who Should Attend
IT-pros and administrators that want to build a modern data center for an enterprise or hosting environment.
You should have previous experience with Windows Server, Active Directory, infrastructure, virtualization, and Microsoft-based server environments.
Student Lab Manual, slide decks, and lab files