Deploying & upgrading Windows 10 using MDT & Configuration Manager.
Windows 10 is here! We are proud to announce a brand new training focusing on deploying and upgrading Windows 10 using MDT and ConfigMgr. In addition you learn about the new setup and deployment features, changes in the Windows ADK 10 and more.
Learn to build and customize rock solid deployment solutions using Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2013 (MDT 2013) Update 1 and System Center Configuration Manager 2012 R2 SP1 (SCCM 2012 R2 SP1). You also get a thorough walk-trough of the upcoming ConfigMgr vNext, as well as deep technical drilldown to changes in the Windows 10 platform.
Johan Arwidmark, Microsoft MVP and one of the world’s foremost expert in the OS deployment sector, developed this lab. Like all our labs, this is unique in that you access the best deployment specialists for four days. Time is set off for real life deployment issues where the instructor discuss and solve problems that you bring to the training. As always we take you for lunch at a nearby restaurant, where the discussions continue. It’s almost like free consultancy!
Pre knowledge requirement
Basic understanding of Active Directory, WSUS and SQL. Basic knowledge of MDT, WDS or Configuration Manager 2007/2012 is helpful but not a requirement.
This class will take you through the design, installation and configuration of the main features in Windows 10, MDT and ConfigMgr. After the training you will have a solid understanding off the product and be able to use and design these features according to best practices.
Student manual, instructor tips & tricks, links. Access to closed FB group with more than 1000 IT Pro’s world wide sharing issues and solutions.
During these four days you will learn about:
• Build Windows 10 reference images, including advanced customizations
• Work with the Enterprise enhancements to Windows 10
• Windows ADK 10 internals, USMT and Provisioning Packages
• Changes to Windows 10 Updates and Offline Servicing
• Updates to Windows 10 PowerShell
• Master Windows 10 driver handling
• Deploying Windows 10 with MDT 2013 U1 and ConfigMgr 2012 R2 SP1
• In-place upgrade of Windows 7 / 8.1 to Windows 10, including deep-dive troubleshooting
• Extend OS deployment in ConfigMgr 2012 R2
• Develop and use PowerShell scripts, frontends, databases and web services.
• Configuring offline media deployments
• Advanced troubleshooting of MDT 2013 Update 1 and ConfigMgr 2012 R2 SP1
• Technical drilldown to ConfigMgr vNext
• Bending the rules, understanding and customizing the rules (customsettings.ini)
This training will take you through the installation, configuration and tuning of the main features in ConfigMgr 2012 R2 SP1 based on Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 10.